Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Time Commitment

Proverbs 6:10-11 - A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the arms to rest, and your poverty will come like a robber; your need, like a bandit.

Your destiny requires time to plan and to prepare. In your time commitment, you should have seasons when you cannot be reached by phone. Often the phone keeps you distracted when you should be focusing on the task before you.

I cannot begin to tell you how often the phone would ring the moment I sat down to spend time with God or to begin working on a project that would lead to my destiny. I finally learned that ignoring it was not the key because the ringing would still disturb me. So I began turning it off during times of study and preparation so my mind and my heart could become focused on what was before me.

You have to decide how you will commit your time. Will you spend hours on the phone or in front of the television, when you have projects that need your attention?

The television is a distraction for many of you. You can spend hours of unproductive time watching it and living out other people’s dreams instead of pursuing your own dreams.

You have to develop a schedule and a plan of action about how you will use your time. This will enable you to commit your time to that which will produce a harvest in your life.

In your time commitment, you will come to understand that nothing is as vital as the time you spend hearing from God and receiving the instructions He has for your life and the fulfillment of your destiny. Plan and prepare so you will not miss what God has for you.

Please ponder and meditate on this:

What has been taking up the majority of my time?

No comments: