Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Cost of Preparation

II Timothy 2:15 (KJV) - Study to show yourselves approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

To be successful in life you will often pay a price for your success. The preparation that is required for your success can come with a heavy price tag. This is not to scare you, but to let you know that you have to determine in your heart that you are prepared to go all the way with God so you can succeed.

You must determine that there is nothing too difficult that will prevent you from persevering till you attain your destiny. As I think back over the four years I spent in college, I can truly say that it was a great expense for me. Since I was responsible for the entire bill, I had to work; I found a job in a retail store. I went to class from seven in the morning to twelve noon on Mondays through Thursdays. I then worked from one in the afternoon to nine in the evenings. When I arrived home from work, I studied and prepared for the next day.

During that four-year period, I slept only five hours a night. Many of you can tell the same story. There was a cost, a sacrifice, to attain the things that you have thus far accomplished with your life. You willingly paid the price because you had a goal in mind. There is a cost to prepare yourself for what God has in store for you.

You have to be willing, available and flexible to what God has for you to do. You must be determined that no matter what the obstacles you will persevere because in persevering you will always win.

Please ponder and meditate on this:

What am I willing to do to fulfill my destiny?

No comments: