Friday, May 29, 2009

The Perfect Will of God

Galatians 2:19b-20 – I have been crucified with Christ; and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

In the perfect will of God you receive His instructions. Unlike Adam and Eve, you choose to do things His way -- you do not disobey Him but obey His commands.

You learn to listen, hear, and obey the instructions of the Holy Spirit, when He speaks to your heart. When you hear Him, you submit your will over to Him and do what He tells you to do. You accept that God is in full control, and you give way to whatever He wants to do.

In His perfect will for you, it is no longer you that lives, but Christ living through you (Gal. 2:20). In His will, you listen by engaging your mind, heart, ears, eyes, and your entire being on what God is saying and doing.

When you hear Him, you do exactly what you are told by following His instructions. You then obey what you hear by actively engaging yourself with God and allowing Him to become fully engaged with you, in you, and through you. To obey Him means that you follow His plan, do what He tells you to, and come to an understanding that He knows what is best for you. You blindly follow where He leads because you know He will never lead you down the wrong path for your life nor will He ever fail you.

In this preparation process, you will also learn that it is and always has been the plan of God to increase you and take you from glory to glory in Him. Therefore, choose to make God a daily part of your agenda by scheduling time to meet with Him face-to-face.

Please ponder and meditate on this:

Am I living in God’s perfect will for my life?

No comments: